Half An Hour A Day

Last year my veg garden was a massive disappointment.



It got over grown and got to the point where I didn't even like going in there in the summer. I'm determined to get it back to it's productive self, so I've set myself the task of getting it ready for spring byt spending half an hour a day in there*

*Weather depending


I've made a good start with this. I've found that setting the timer on my phone means I do just half an hour. This has worked well as it's not long enough to get bored (I normally listen to a book at the same time as well).


I'm going through each bed in turn and digging out any weeds I see. I'm also slipping the slabs as some docks and nettles have got established between them. As I've done this I've been shocked by the number of slug eggs under there as well - I'm leaving the slabs up turned for a few days so I'm hoping birds will eat the eggs (or frost will kill them). 

Feels good to make a really good and early start on the garden and tackle some areas (between the slabs) that always cause me problems when everything is growing like mad in the summer. 

Hoping to keep at this half and hour a day for a while yet, seems like a manageable way to deal with it and stay motivated. 

I'm going to do similar by adding in a few hours a week on other smallholding jobs like the coppice area, firewood and animal housing. 

Anyone else break up tasks like this?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Electric

Electric

A five Year Old's Shopping List